Online Workshop - Beginners Level
|Ideal Age:||7 - 11 Years|
|Dates:||Wednesday 10th June||from 2pm - 4pm|
|Monday 15th June||from 10:30am to 12:30pm|
|Price:||£10 per techie|
|Choose Your Session|
Monday 15th June
What will my techie need?
One laptop with a power supply or a desktop computer:
- With either a built-in or external webcam and microphone
- With a high-speed internet connection
- At a table with space around to work
- Earphones or a headset are recommended, except when parents are joining to support their techie
- An empty cereal box (the bigger the better)
- a pair of childsafe scissors (adult supervision may be required - this is at the parent/guardians discretion)
- Objects to animate
- A Tablet or iPad could be used in addition to the laptop for the animation portion of the workshop, however, as we will be communicating at the same time as animating, if only one device is available a laptop or desktop computer is the best option.
Will an adult need to accompany their techie?
We ask that an adult remains present in the room with safeguarding in mind. This also means if your techie runs into difficulties, there is someone on hand to support.
The adult doesn't have to take part in the session and could easily be sitting nearby achieving other tasks. If your techie is not safe or confident with scissors please ensure that an adult is present for the first 45 minutes of the workshop.
How will the workshop be run?
We will use a paid-for Zoom account which will be invitation only and will be locked once all participants have arrived. The workshop will be delivered by our experienced Enhanced DBS certified workshop facilitator.
Can you tell me more about the workshop itself?
This workshop uses free online animation software from an animation company that we have collaborated with for years.
During the workshop, our workshop leader will welcome the group and introduce how to use video communication software as a member of a group and share the expectations.
After the initial introduction, techies will move on to the workshop itself where they will:
- Find out about stop motion animation
- Create a 'stage' for their animation
- Explore the free animation platform used in the workshop
- Discover some handy tips and tricks to use when animating
- Create a short stop motion animation which they can proudly share!
By the end of the workshop, techies will be able to independently create their own animations using the free online environment introduced in the workshop.