Online Workshop - Beginners Level
|Ideal Age:||7 - 11 Years|
|Dates:||Wednesday 15th July||from 10:30am to 12:30pm|
|Wednesday 29th July||from 2:00pm - 4:00pm|
|Price:||£10 per child|
|Choose Your Session|
Wednesday 29th July
What will my child need?
I laptop with a power supply or a desktop computer:
- With either a built-in or external webcam and microphone
- With a high-speed internet connection
- At a table with space around to work
- Earphones or a headset are recommended, except when parents are joining to support their child
Will an adult need to accompany their child?
We ask that an adult remains present in the room with safeguarding in mind.
This also means if your child runs into difficulties, there is someone on hand to support, although this isn't usually required.
The adult doesn't have to take part in the session and could easily be sitting nearby achieving other tasks.
How will the workshop be run?
We will use a paid-for Zoom account which will be invitation only and will be locked once all participants have arrived. The workshop will be delivered by our experienced Enhanced DBS certified workshop facilitator.
Can you tell me more about the workshop itself?
This workshop uses paid for online software. There is also a free version of this software available, which your might choose to explore after the workshop.
During the workshop, our workshop leader will welcome the group and introduce how to use video communication software as a member of a group and share the expectations.
After the initial introduction, children will move on to the workshop itself where they will:
- Find out about online creation software
- Explore the platform used in the workshop
- Discover some handy tips and tricks to use
- Create a simple Virtual Reality experience which they can proudly share after the workshop!
By the end of the workshop, children will be able to independently create their own simple VR worlds using the free online environment introduced in the workshop.